I know Grandma’s banana bread is hard to beat… but this one comes reallyyyy close, not to mention it has PROTEIN and NO added sugar! Hellz YES! You need this in your life.
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1 scoop of 1UP Whey Banana Caramel Protein Powder – My favourite flavour!!
(Discount: RANDI20 to save 20-30%)
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- sprinkle of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a 8 x 4 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl, mix mashed bananas (leave 1/4 of a banana that is sliced, for later), vanilla, eggs, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Using an electric mixer, alternate mixing at low and medium speed until smooth. Gently fold in slivered almonds.
3. Pour batter into pan and smooth it out. Bake for 35-40 minutes (start at 35 then do the “poke test” (poke centre of loaf and ensure fork/knife comes out clean, once it does, it’s good to go!).
4. Once finished, let cool on cooling rack for 15 minutes, then take out of loaf pan and slide into 7 slices.
Macros per slice (recipe yields 7 slices):
178 calories: 10 protein, 17 carbs (5 fiber), 8 fat.