Does anybody else think granola is as delicious as I do?! It’s such a tasty little bugger. However, the store bought kind is always FULL of sugar! The amount just makes me sad… But what about if you could have delicious, hearty, home-made granola with NO added sugar, lactose, gluten and dairy FREE! Would you like that? Well, now you can!
The best part about making granola is that you can add pretty much ANYTHING to your mix and you wont mess it up, unless you burn that is! I have made that mistake for so make sure you are very adamant about taking it out of the oven once its finished. Other than that, granola is basically a ‘dummy proof’ recipe! So have fun with your creation and add whatever your heart desires.
Here is one of my favorite mixes;
* 1 cup big Quaker Oats
* 1 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut OR Coconut Chips
* 1 cup Shredded Almonds (I recommend shredded but having full ones in the mix is good too for variety)
* 1 cup Walnut Pieces (Again, I recommend diced walnuts but having full ones adds a nice variety as well)
* ½ cup Pumpkin Seeds
* 1 cup Stevia
* Add Cinnamon to desired taste
* 1 cup Coconut Oil * Heat up the coconut oil for 30-60 seconds in the microwave. Slowly add the hot oil to the mixture, lightly coating everything in the bowl. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 until light brown, on a cookie sheet with tinfoil.
ADD DRIED FRUIT TO THE MIX AFTER IT IS DONE COOKING!
* 1 cup Unsweetened Dried Cranberries
* ½ cup Golden Raisins
Prep time is less than 10 minutes, bake time 20-25. This little treat makes a great gift idea too.