You have goals, dreams and ambitions, right? Have you thought about how you’re going to pursue them?
Have you thought about what your first course of action should be?
Do you have a ‘game plan’?
What are you waiting for?! It’s time to take action!
Personally I have a ‘black and white’ type of personality, but I like to leave little room for grey. I know it sounds odd but it means I like to keep things simple.
I try my hardest to not let my temperamental tendencies, hormones, emotions or mood swings overcomplicate things (hey! it happens). I set goals for myself, and trust me – I do my damn best to accomplish every single one of them. When I want something, I put my mind to it and I GET it!
First, I figure out what my ‘game plan’ is, and then I dive right in there! Like a shark… in a goldfish tank… that’s waaaay to big for the fish tank, so I BREAK the thing! And… well, I think you get the point.
Story time is over. Let me walk you through a few simple steps that I like to reflect on when goal setting! It’s no secret. You just have to be willing to try.
First, I want you to physically grab a piece of paper and write down the following answers. There’s something about writing down your goals and seeing them in front of you that makes it that much more real! So yes, you HAVE too.
Here we go…
- WHAT do you want?
- WHY do you want it?
– Do you have this goal for the right reasons? Is it for YOU, or is it for vanity or credibility? Will pursuing this goal to make yourself a better person? Will it make you happier?
- WHAT do you need to do in order to achieve said goal?
– Do your homework! Research! Think about it! Google is an amazing thing. Utilize resources around you. What are the steps that will lead you to where you want to be?
- What needs to CHANGE?
– Is there something in your life? or is there something that you’re doing that is holding you back? Identify it. Eliminate it.
- Set a realistic time frame
– HOW LONG will it take for you to achieve this goal? Make a deadline and stick to it.
There you have it!
Create the plan, set a deadline, stick to the plan, work hard, and BELIEVE in yourself.
Be a shark.